このトピックには2件の返信が含まれ、1人の参加者がいます。5 ヶ月前に robodo さんが最後の更新を行いました。
10月 3, 2020 4:09 am #1449
How Animal Cultures Raise Families, Create Beauty, and Achieve Peace
by Carl Safina
- Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
- Language: english
- Author: Carl Safina
- Format: hardcover, 384 pages
- Release date: April 14, 2020
- ISBN: 9781250173331 (1250173337)
About The Book
New York Times bestselling author Carl Safina brings readers close to three non-human cultures — what they do, why they do it, and how life is for them.
Some people insist that culture is strictly a human feat. What are they afraid of? This book looks into three cultures of other-than-human beings in some of Earth’s remaining wild places. It shows how if you’re a sperm whale, a scarlet macaw, or a chimpanzee, you too experience your life with the understanding that you are an individual in a particular community. You too are who you are not by genes alone; your culture is a second form of inheritance. You receive it from thousands of individuals, from pools of knowledge passing through generations like an eternal torch. You too may raise young, know beauty, or struggle to negotiate a peace. And your culture, too, changes and evolves. The light of knowledge needs adjusting as situations change, so a capacity for learning, especially social learning, allows behaviors to adjust, to change much faster than genes alone could adapt.
Becoming Wild offers a glimpse into cultures among non-human animals through looks at the lives of individuals in different present-day animal societies. By showing how others teach and learn, Safina offers a fresh understanding of what is constantly going on beyond humanity. With reporting from deep in nature, alongside individual creatures in their free-living communities, this book offers a very privileged glimpse behind the curtain of life on Earth, and helps inform the answer to that most urgent of questions: Who are we here with?
MOBI book Becoming Wild read online for Kindle. FictionBook ebook Becoming Wild by Carl Safina download on Powells. EPUB Becoming Wild Carl Safina on Books-a-Million. Hardback ebook Becoming Wild buy cheap on PocketBook. MP3 Becoming Wild by Carl Safina download.
Hardcover book Becoming Wild read iOS on Walmart. FB2 Becoming Wild for Android on Bookshop. Online book Becoming Wild Carl Safina buy. PDF ebook Becoming Wild on Audible. TXT book Becoming Wild Carl Safina download Mac.
Paperback ebook Becoming Wild by Carl Safina buy on iPhone. Paperback Becoming Wild read online on Barnes & Noble. Hardback Becoming Wild Carl Safina download on reader on Booktopia. EPUB book Becoming Wild. PDF ebook Becoming Wild by Carl Safina read.10月 3, 2020 4:33 am #1455
10月 3, 2020 5:29 am #1464
- Golden in Death: An Eve Dallas Novel by J. D. Robb – 9781250207203
- The Address Book: What Street Addresses Reveal About Identity, Race, Wealth, and Power by Deirdre Mask – 9781250134769
- The Deviant’s War: The Homosexual vs. the United States of America by Eric Cervini – 9780374139797
- The Last Passenger: A Charles Lenox Mystery by Charles Finch – 9781250312204
- Crossing the Sierra de Gredos • Peter Handke • 9781250750648
- Indigo • Loren D. Estleman • 9781250258359
- BL Metamorphosis Vol. 1 • Kaori Tsurutani • 9781645052951
- A Map to the Sun • Sloane Leong • 9781250146670
- Intuitive Eating, 4th Edition: A Revolutionary Anti-Diet Approach • Evelyn Tribole • 9781250255198