このトピックには1件の返信が含まれ、1人の参加者がいます。8 ヶ月、 2 週間前に robodo さんが最後の更新を行いました。
9月 30, 2020 7:49 am #688
by Lydia Davis
- Format: hardcover, 528 pages
- Language: english
- Publisher: Farrar
- Release date: November 12, 2019
- Author: Lydia Davis
- ISBN: 9780374148850 (0374148856)
About The Book
A selection of essays on writing and reading by the master short-fiction writer Lydia Davis.
Lydia Davis is a writer whose originality, influence, and wit are beyond compare. Jonathan Franzen has called her “a magician of self-consciousness,” while Rick Moody hails her as “the best prose stylist in America.” And for Claire Messud, “Davis’s signal gift is to make us feel alive.”
Best known for her masterful short stories and translations, Davis’s gifts extend equally to her nonfiction. In Essays One, Davis has, for the first time, gathered a selection of essays, commentaries, and lectures composed over the past five decades.
In this first of two volumes, her subjects range from her earliest influences to her favorite short stories, from John Ashbery’s translation of Rimbaud to Alan Cote’s painting, and from the Shepherd’s Psalm to early tourist photographs. On display is the development and range of one of the sharpest, most capacious minds writing today.
Hardcover book Essays One download on Books-a-Million. PDF Essays One Lydia Davis for iOS. Hardback ebook Essays One buy on Mac on Kobo.
Online ebook Essays One by Lydia Davis read. EPUB Essays One download iPad. Paperback book Essays One Lydia Davis buy cheap on Bookshop.
FB2 book Essays One read online on Booktopia. MP3 ebook Essays One by Lydia Davis for PC. FictionBook Essays One Lydia Davis download iPhone.9月 30, 2020 6:25 pm #800
- Darkness at Chancellorsville: A Novel of Stonewall Jackson’s Triumph and Tragedy | Ralph Peters | 9780765381743
- BL Metamorphosis Vol. 2 | Kaori Tsurutani | 9781645055044
- Basher STEM Junior: Engineering | Jonathan O’Callaghan | 9780753475607
- The Baron of Magister Valley | Steven Brust | 9781250311474